Saturday, June 29, 2013

The upper part of  my left leg is bothering me, so it hurts to walk. But, here's the thing - after walking awhile and swinging my hips, which I find difficult, the leg loosens up. So, when and where do I walk and for how long? I don't know.

Lynda and Frank head out to Harrod's department store and one of the museums on the way. We walk to Borough Market again. It has become one of our favorite destinations. Even with my leg problems, we walk the whole way in on and off rain. I stop several times to stretch with my ankle pulled back behind me. It helps a little. I also have some Rena pills (Amino Actv) that help.

Once we arrive, I want to sit, so I have an espresso and Linda has a cappacino and watch the people go by. After that, we investigate the Roast restaurant where we were told they have really good breakfasts. Well - they have really expensive breakfasts. The regular highlighted ones on the menu are 14-16 pounds and the special Sunday brunch is 35 pounds. That must be something. Way beyond our budget. Its almost 1:00 and we're hungry. I stop to try English oysters at a stand-up bar run by an Asian guy. There were several vinegar based mixtures sitting out and Tabasco Sauce. I tried them all. I think the Tabasco Sauce was the best. Next door was a vendor who had meat pies (very British) and Scot eggs. Of course, Linda had to have a quail Scot egg. Its a hard-boiled egg surrounded by a meat mixture and then a breading - served cold. She liked it. I found a sausage on a stick to complete my gourmet lunch. A couple more stalls down, Linda found an empanada filled with spinach. The owner was from Argentina and his helper was from Barcelona. We told him we had spent 7 weeks in Grannoliers and he asked why. He said there was nothing there and we had to agree with him. The one from Argentina had been to Longboat Key in Sarasota, so we talked a little about that too.

Our shopping list included vodka, processco, and white wine. We found all of that at Laithwaite's (sp?) a little way down the street. We took the good old RV1 bus back to the apartment. Later, we went out for a walk along the river and ran into Lynda and Frank returning from their excursion. It was a perfect time to stop at Cafe Nero and drink a coffee and have a "show and tell" time.

We had David and Johnny over for drinks and snacks at about 7:30. We have very interesting discussions with them. Its hard to get Johnny into the conversation but Lynda was able to pull him into a side discussion. He gave her directions on where to go to ride the docklands train. David dominates the talking. He's smart and has a lot of facts stored in his head. Frank had architecture questions for them both. They stayed until after 12:00. We will probably see them at least one more time before we leave and they have offered their place for  us to stay on September 4th when we have our layover before flying back to Tampa.

No comments:

Post a Comment